What to Expect
After an accident or physical injury, physical therapy is an essential element of your recovery process. The therapeutic exercise and functional training we prescribe are the cornerstones of your treatment plan. Before leaving your first evaluation, you will receive a detailed plan and set of exercises to continue at home.
Depending on the particular needs of a patient, our physical therapists may physically manipulate a joint or massage a muscle to promote its' proper movement and function. We may also use other techniques such as electrotherapy, ultrasound (high-frequency waves that produce heat), as well as, hot and cold packs when appropriate.
Things to Remember
- Bring the prescription from your doctor
- Bring your insurance card and driver's license
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early for you evaluation
- Wear clothes that are loose and comfortable
- Expect first treatment to last 1-1.5 hours